In recognition of your exceptional contribution to your co-op/internship employer and workplace.
Congratulations to all students nominated for Co-op Student of the Year!
Nascent Co-op Students of the Year 2017
Hunter – Full Stack Developer, Regional Municipality at York
Maheen – UP Infrastructure Intern, Metrolinx
“His demonstrated leadership, technical expertise and vision have made a positive impact on our projects and I have no doubt that this will continue in his future endeavors.”
Olga Lawton – Program manager, Technology Projects & System Support, Regional Municipality of York
“My team and I truly believe that Maheen is deserving of this award. She has definitely raised the standard for future students here at Metrolinx and her hard work needs to be recognized.”
Christine MacNeil – Project Coordinator, Metrolinx
Matei Iliescu Stieghelbauer
- Rijul Aggarwal – Computer Engineering
- Madlool Alsabak – Civil Engineering
- Mashruf Kabir Chowdhury – Computer Security
- David Dobrzanski – Space Engineering
- Semi Hasaj – Space Engineering
- Linar Ismagilov – Mechanical Engineering
- Farhan Janmohammed – Electrical Engineering
- Minho Lee – Computer Science
- Milirsan Pugalendiran – Civil Engineering
- Behshad Sebthosseini – Software Engineering
- Sied Hoa Tjin – Computer Science
- Mohammad Hossein Zarifi – Computer Science
What You Win
The two winning students receive a certificate and a $500 cash reward from the Lassonde Co-op Program to recognize their achievements. All nominates students receive a letter and certificate of recognition for their nomination at the 2018 L’Oscars in September.
Our Selection Criteria
The Lassonde co-op team will review application and present the top applicant to the Co-op & Internship Faculty Advisory Committee for a final vote and selection of the two award winners. The decision of the selection committee is final and may not be appealed.
- Co-op/Internship job achievement(s)
- Supervisor’s personal comments
- Extra-curricular achievements at Lassonde/York University
- Satisfactory completion of the Co-op/Internship Courses
How to Apply
By submitting your application, you agree to allow co-op education to use your name, profile, and photograph for publication and promotional purposes.